As a Realtor, I provide the following services for you, the buyer, to help you through the home buying process:
- Help you in locating financing.
- Help you find the home that fits your needs.
- Help you negotiate the terms of your purchase and make sure you are not paying over market value for the house.
- Help you through the loan and appraisal process.
- Help you through the inspection process and negotiate repairs with the seller.
- Help you through the title work and closing process.
Realtors have knowledge of the market place and areas as well as up to date information. I can help you make the best decisions for you as you make an investment in your home. The best part is that services are provided at no direct cost to you because I’m usually compensated from the seller-paid commission when you buy a home, although I work on your behalf. With 20+ years experience, I will work on your behalf to get you the best deal and to make the transaction as smooth as possible.
Benefits of Homeownership:
- Take control. Avoid rent increases and cancelled leases while creating a home that meets your needs and tastes.
- Build home equity. Grow your assets with the principal portion of your mortgage payments as your property value potentially increases.
- Get tax benefits. Deduct mortgage interest and real estate property taxes on your income tax returns. (Consult a tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.)
- Build your credit. Create a strong credit history by making on-time mortgage payments.
The first step to homeownership is to apply for a home loan/mortgage. Apply online with Carol Sinor, a loan officer with Universal Lending Corporation.
Alternatively, please feel free to call Carol or me directly to discuss the process.
Carol Sinor 505-350-0412
Jennifer Wilson-Trujillo 505-440-1256
Many different loans are available, depending on a buyer’s situation, and a good loan officer can help you decide which loan program is right for you.
- Loans with zero down payment
- First-time home buyer with $500 down payment
- HERO program with $1000 down payment for buyers who are in the health, law enforcement, firefighter, or education fields.
- 3% and 3.5% down payment loan programs. In some of the loan situations, all or part of the down payment money can be gifted to the buyer.
What you’ll need to start the loan process:
When preparing to purchase a home, getting a pre-approval from a qualified lender is a critical first step. In order to begin this process you will need to provide the following items for each person on the loan:
- Full, legal name
- Social Security number and date of birth
- Complete residence and employment history, covering the most recent 2 years
- Most recent 2 month history for assets used to qualify for the loan, such as savings, checking, etc.
- Most recent 2 years of tax returns, including all W2s and/or 1099’s
- Self-employed buyers will require 2 years of personal and business tax returns
This is all that is needed to get started. In some cases, additional documents may be requested depending on program guidelines and other factors.
I am always here to answer any general questions if you are not sure whether you are prepared to start a full application.
About Carol Sinor, Loan Officer:
I have been doing mortgages for folks in Albuquerque and surrounding areas for about 15 years. Prior to that I was a teacher for Albuquerque Public Schools for over 10 years. I am told that I take my educational skills into the mortgage loan process because it is very important to me that all of my clients completely understand and trust the loan process. Customer service, which includes educating my clients, quick response to emails and calls, and keeping all parties informed throughout the process, is what I value and why my clients and realtors value me. Universal Lending Home Loans is also a great company, with over 30 years in the industry, family owned and focused on in-house processing, underwriting, and closing. We offer every type of loan product you could want, including Conventional, FHA, VA, Renovation Loans, First-Time Buyer, Jumbo, ARMS, Investment, and Reverse Mortgages. I am here to help!